I'm getting low on soap so I decided I'd best get busy making some more. Here's a picture of my cold process bar soap mold. We had too much soap to put into the wooden mold but not enough to fill another, so I filled the little red basket next to it with the remaining soap. The bucket is plastic so it worked just fine. It's important to note that I lined each of the molds with freezer paper before pouring.
The bars came out a purple color because Ryan tossed some brown and red crayons into the hot fats. Not a bad color. We used peppermint essential oil to scent the soap. The odd looking pieces in the top box are the 4 pieces cut from the little red basket. The soap will cure for a month before we can use them. The scent was medicinal and we were able to sleep better than we've had in a while. It cleared our plugged sinuses! (The soap cures in our bedroom)
Below is a gallon bucket of laundry soap I mixed up after doing the bar soap. It's easy - just super washing soda, Borax, and Zote soap. Our family is now clean.
Run over to 5 Minutes for Mom to see other Tackle it Tuesday posts.