Monday, February 16, 2009

Crafty Challenge

I tried the Crafty Challenge posed by Crafting at the Creek this weekend. The challenge was to knit a wash cloth (Peaches & Cream cotton yarn) using a pattern posted on the site. It took me longer than expected because I was swamped with challenges this weekend, but I finished tonight.

I love these cotton wash cloths because they're textured and scrub dishes well. They hold up well too after countless tosses in the washer and dryer. Anyway, you can see the red of the blanket underneath peeking in through the little "eyelets" of the cloth. My picture isn't that great but I hope you can see how the project turned out.

6 comments:

Growth in God said...

Well I think that is great! I need to make a few but I have a scarf to finish first. Maybe I will make one tomorrow. Always nice to get something like that done. I agree that they clean dishes well. I like that I can throw it in the wash too.

na said...

Looks great to me! I love the way the variegated yarns look for this pattern. Thanks for joining!

Tammy said...

I tried doing this challenge too, but kept missing a stitch or dropping a stitch because I was watching t.v.while doing it.lol. I ended up making mine just in the seed p1 k1. Not fancy, but I have a new washcloth now!

Secondary Roads said...

It looks great. Love the colors. Okay, I'm not even going to try to make one.

Please visit Secondary Roads today. There is something special waiting there for you.

Anonymous said...

It looks great. It reminds me of chrismas.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Wow, I need to learn how to knit!