Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Word Power

I've found a great little widget for your blogs! As a writer, I'm always looking for word games and puzzles to keep my brain "sharp". Did you know that challenging your brain is a good way to help stave off Alzheimer's Disease? It's true. If I can find something fun yet challenging, it's that much better.


Take the challenge and play Reader's Digest Word Power -- build your vocabulary, boost your brainpower and challenge a friend to beat your score! Our readers love the wordpower game. Where else can you test your knowledge, increase your vocabulary and have fun at the same time? <br>And now you can challenge your friends on word power and try to beat their best score. What are you waiting for? Play the word power game! <br>

After playing Word Power for a while, I realized there are a lot of words out there and I don't know the meanings of them. Now, I'm not sure how your brain works, but that sort of thing bugs me. For instance, do you know what fracas means? Okay, that's not such a hard one. How about canape?

Well, anyway, I have this burning desire to find interesting words to add to my novel-in-progress. This is a fun way to do it. While you're playing, how about challenging another player?

Go ahead and play - it's free. Yeah, that's another great perk with this particular game. You don't have to pay anything to play the games.

Once you've played Word Power and find that you love it, hop over to ReadersDigest.com Widgets and grab your own code for it, or any (or all) of the other widgets. It's really simple and fast. If you have a Facebook account, you can "Prop my Photo" and have a little more fun.

At RD Laughs Main page you'll find jokes galore to tickle your funny bone and add to the fun, so I'd encourage you to go there as well.


Post?slot_id=22350&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: