Sunday, October 26, 2008

Concert Experience

Tonight was the Andrew Peterson concert. We hesitated before heading out because as we loaded into the van, the sky rained down good sized hail and lots of rain. Who wants to go out in that? Well, we went anyway.

We got to the church only about 10 minutes before the concert was to begin. Ugh. I just knew I'd have to sit behind a tall person. Well, it turns out that most people came late so we got a very good seat almost all the way to the front. Our auditorium has those nice padded theater seats and the floor slopes a bit so it's not usually too bad anyway, but I sure was happy I didn't have to stare at the back of someone's head all night!

About 2 minutes 'till five I decided I should hurry to the restroom "just in case." On my way there, I nearly bumped right into Andrew Peterson himself! He smiled and said hi like he was just another church member.

I have to tell you that this was about the best Christian concert I've attended in years. Andrew has worked in a lot of Scripture into the concert, and I do mean a lot of Scripture. He's truly an artist who lives what he preaches and I was SO blessed to have been there tonight.

Perhaps one of the greatest blessings for us is that the concert was free. Andrew Peterson is promoting his new record, Ressurection Letters, Volume II and is giving free concerts across the country. Even the cd's were marked at a low cost. I wish I could've bought one but the funds aren't there for that sort of stuff right now. I did register at Northern Christian Radio's booth to win one, though. If I win I'll give it to one of the boys for Christmas. We had all the kids with us except for Josh who was working and had to miss it.


No comments: