Friday, September 12, 2008

Winning

Me, who has rarely won anything, I have won a tote bag from Start Sampling because I won the trivia contest! Yipee! It might be another Christmas gift; we'll see.

Also, Wal-Mart in Gaylord has Farmland Bacon (16 oz) for $2.50. If you have any $2.00 off coupons left, you can get it for $0.50 each! I wasn't going to get groceries other than 2 gallons of milk, but with my pop bottle refunds I was able to get 3 pkgs of the bacon ($1.50 total), a box of Special K with Red Berries (on sale for $2.50, used $1.00 off coupon for $1.50 total), 2 (2 ltr) bottles of Diet Pepsi (on sale for $1.00 ea.), a bag of sugar ($2.23) and a 6 roll pkg. of Great Value toilet paper. We had a large Jett's cheese pizza for free with a coupon I found at the gas station (someone had a handful of coupons they obviously couldn't use and stuffed them half-way between the outside wall and a poster board). I also got a Mocha Big Chill from Biggby Coffee with my gift card.

All in all it worked out ok.

1 comment:

na said...

I should be going to start sampling more often...I just forget to half of the time.

I just ordered one of you-know-who's christmas presents today...and he is sure going to enjoy spending it when he gets it. I am going to wait another month (actually a couple of weeks) to order my gift card from that clothing one (I forget the name) that will put me up to the next level.

Christy