Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Jump Start on Frugal Christmas Shopping

When I realized today that I won't be able to go grocery shopping this week, I cheered myself up by doing a little frugal Christmas shopping. Since I'm doing a lot of it by mail order, I have to get those orders in good and early. Here's what I've done thus far:

  1. Ordered two $10 gift cards for a clothing merchant (NFO Opinion Panel)
  2. Ordered two 1100 point gifts from Live Search Club. Last week I ordered one 1100 point gift and it's been shipped today. (total of 3)
  3. Last night I ordered a $25 gift card for a clothing merchant (My Points)
  4. I am still trying to decide what to get with my $30 credit from Partnership Plus.
  5. I have a $10 gift certificate for Amazon.com (Avery Advisors) and I'm still trying to decide what to get.
  6. I got a $10 gift certificate from HSLDA for their bookstore and I can do something there too. Not sure what to get....
Might I add that all of the above is costing me NOTHING out of pocket. It's all done with what I've earned by doing surveys and such. The HSLDA certificate is earned by renewing my membership online.

2 comments:

na said...

That reminds me that I need to do this same thing! There are a lot of gift cards that can be earned by doing surveys and such.

This will be a more simple Christmas...just with our small family...and I mean to take advantage and enjoy of every moment of it.

Thanks for your comments of support on me last blog entry!

Christy

na said...

Sorry typo should have been my not "me"...my mind is in the kitchen on the tomatoes right now!

Christy