Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Saving Money on Prescription Glasses

I hate to say this, but I need to get my eyes checked. When I do, I'll probably need a new prescription; I always do. My dilemma is that I wear progressive bifocal glasses and they aren't cheap by any stretch of the imagination. I was really excited when I found that there's an internet company that sells less expensive glasses - Zenni Optical: Sells Rx Glasses $8 with case!

I looked at some pictures on the site and they're actually pretty cute.



These sort of remind me of the pair I wear now. Isn't it funny how we go back to earlier styles?

Anyway, I intend to peruse this site a while. Then, when the weather is nicer I'll make an appointment with my eye doctor for an exam - my insurance pays for the exam but only for a tiny fraction of the glasses. Since my current pair of glasses cost me $350 AFTER insurance payment, this would definitely be less costly. And it seems to be an easy order too, as you type in your prescription using a handy form.

I don't know about you, but I'm having to save money wherever I can. Remembering that Zenni Optical: Sells Rx Glasses $8 with case! might help.

This post is sponsored.

No comments: