Sunday, November 11, 2007

Verse 23

I guess I'm on verse 23 of Proverbs 31 now...I almost lost track since it's been quite a while since I posted on this. How shameful, since my blog's supposed to be about becoming a Proverbs 31 woman!

Anyway, verse 23 says, "Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land." (NIV)

Hmmmm. This gets a little muddled for me as it relates to our lives today. I'm thinking that it means that if we are the wives we are called to be, then we will bring honor to our husbands.

My husband is not a politician or a highly visible member of the community. He is a route salesman for Frito-Lay. I wonder how this verse could relate to that? Well, the guys have made comments here and there about how well fed Jeff is and what a good cook his wife is...haaa. I find that funny 'cause I don't consider myself all that good of a cook, but I DO make sure my family is well fed. The men make other comments as well, but it all comes down to the fact that they admire the man who has a good family life. I think maybe that's a way that I might be bringing my husband honor.

It's an interesting verse, isn't it?

No comments: