Thursday, November 15, 2007

Tests

The tests went well this morning. Jonathon's took a little less time than originally thought. We don't know anything yet but will let you know...

It's been snowing here off and on today; I'm so depressed, not just about snow but about a lot of things. Christians aren't supposed to get depressed, are they? I don't know. Maybe it's just hormones since I'm getting older. Maybe it's circumstance. Maybe it's the way things don't always go in the direction I want them to.

This is a blog dedicated to the Proverbs 31 woman, so I'm going to talk a little bit about the way such a woman would handle my situation. I think she'd be on her knees a whole lot more than I am. I'm not even near to being the prayer warrior I want to be.

I think she'd probably trust God to handle all of her problems a lot more than I do. Ah, but nobody knows the extent of my problems! Well, that's true. I don't reveal all that's going on in our family or in our lives. But God knows. He cares. Then why isn't He doing something about it?????

That's the rub. I want God to do what I want Him to do and when I want Him to do it. It doesn't work that way. The day I know the mind of God will be the day I'm in Heaven.

.......................................................................................................................................................................

I read in the Voice of the Martyrs newsletter yesterday about a young man in Singapore (?) can't remember for sure the country right now. He was crushed by a car and then died. The doctors in the hospital covered him and took him to the morgue. This man described Heaven so differently than Don Piper did in 90 Minutes in Heaven. Makes me wonder which one really went to Heaven or did none? The young man in the other country (and he was Muslim, by the way) said that he saw angels praising Someone. Then that Someone touched this man and said something to the effect that He was Jesus, the one the man was rejecting.

Anyway, he found himself thrust back into his body. He took a while before he came to really believe, but he is now a Christian and really working hard to spread the Gospel in an oppressed country.

I tend to believe the ex-Muslim man a little more than Don Piper. They might both have been to the same place, but something rang a little more true to me with the second story.

This is all to say that we Christians here in America (me!) don't really appreciate or realize what a blessing we have in Christ and the cushiness of our whole religious system.

No comments: